Inhaling asbestos can cause extreme and fatal health risks such as cancer. Asbestos does not refer to one substance, but rather a group of minerals that make up the fluffy substance once used to insulate homes.
The reason why asbestos is incredibly dangerous is that the microscopic fibers cannot be detected; they cannot be seen, smelled, or tasted and they cause no immediate symptoms. A person could be inhaling asbestos without realizing it for years.
If you’ve detected asbestos in your home, it needs to be addressed immediately. Trapped asbestos will eventually damage your body on a cellular level. Luckily, ASAP Restoration LLC offers Phoenix-based asbestos testing and removal services. We also work directly with environmental hygienists who test the specific areas of your home that need to be renegotiated, prior and post demolition.